Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Double Silver at GDBA Design Awards 2005


Two of the corporate identity projects that I led for BFK won Silver IDEAs at last week’s GDBA Irish Design Effectiveness Awards*. The rebranding of Campus Oil, which included the creation of a new brand mark and the redesign of all of their retail forecourts and their fleet of vehicles, took the Silver award in the category for identity projects with a budget (including implementation costs) exceeding fifty thousand euro.

The work I have been doing for the exciting Welsh technology startup DeepStream Technologies was awarded Silver in the other corporate identity category. I have not won an IDEA award since 2001, when I picked up a Gold for my Pigsback.com brand identity. So winning two together on the same night was pretty rewarding.

The IDEA awards ceremony itself was better than last year’s, although I am probably biased – having not won anything last year. I do not think I was fully with-it at this gig though, having gotten up at five in the morning to catch the red-eye ferry to Holyhead for an intensive half-day meeting in Bangor and then rushing back for the awards that evening. Consequently I did not do any schmingling: a few drinks with my team beforehand and a quick departure once the ceremony was over.


Now I need to find some time to peruse the new GDBA Annual to see who has joined and who has left and which companies are working for which clients. Although at first glance I wonder what happened to Dynamo? They were the winners of last year’s Grand Prix award and not even members this year. There must be a story there...

(It would be terribly remiss of me not to note that GDBA membership is corporate, and that all awards are given to companies and not to individuals. Of course.)


Technorati Tags: | | | |
Links: Campus case study | DeepStream case study

2 comments:

  1. ...I believe the story with Dynamo is that a big chunk of the lads left and set up by themselves (Butsey) or started some other company...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done again Aiden.

    The company that all those exDynamo heads formed is called Detail.

    http://www.detail.ie/

    Butsey is doing his own thing as Dave says. The new CD in Dynamo is Richard Seabrooke, formerly of Four5One

    http://www.four5one.ie/

    and also of Candy and SweetTalk fame
    http://www.candyculture.net/

    well worth a look

    ReplyDelete