Friday, June 15, 2012

Analysis of Eight Years Blogging

I began writing this blog eight years ago today. My three hundred and twenty-two blog posts completed to date average out at slightly less than one post a week. So ‘quality rather than quantity’ seems to have become my preferred approach. (Well that is my story and I am sticking with it.)

All of my existing posts are distributed across the eight years in this manner. This year’s value is for the first six months of 2012



I studied for my Masters during 2008 and 2009 and purposefully used blogging as a learning mechanism throughout. Hence the massive spike in posts published during that twelve month period. This graph highlights my complete writing burn-out in post-dissertation 2010. While I have learned not to make any forward-looking statements, I think I am safe enough in predicting that I will not exceed my personal best of 77 posts again this year.

The graph below shows the monthly distribution of my posts for each year. The earlier months are at the top and later months at the bottom (months with no posts get omitted automatically). You can roll-over each bar in the graph for its month heading.

Looking through this monthly breakdown it seems there is no real pattern or seasonality in when I am most productive in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment