Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Machine Is Us/sing Us

Investigating some more about the topic of ‘User-Generated Content’ after Saturday’s MA class I located this fascinating short film ‘The Machine Is Us/sing Us’ on YouTube. It has been created by Michael Welsh who is the Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology at the Kansas State University. So the thinking behind his film is backed up with some serious academic research. That said, I found this to be a most exemplary piece of communication. It really makes its complex points in the clearest manner.

‘Show don’t tell’ is one of the primary rules for effective writing, and this film informs us by showing in the most unique manner. I could use this film to explain Web_2.0 and UGC to my four-year old son. (That is, to people who are not as in love with their own web presence as I am.)

No comments:

Post a Comment