Saturday, April 18, 2009

Establishing a Dissertation Blog

Social media and technology journalist, author, and blogger, Shel Israel is writing a book on the intersection of Twitter and business called Twitterville, due for publication in the third quarter of 2009. He is blogging the writing process, putting up his raw notes and interviews. He is crowd-sourcing comments, feedback and suggestions to further his research (but holding back his final manuscript for publication obviously).

This approach would be a productive model for an aspect my own research. It certainly puts the traits of openness and transparency into practice: “be the change you wish to see”. In my case I have created a dedicated dissertation Work-In-Progress blog as my public research and crowd-source hub.

Update
Following the completion of my MA programme I have retired my dedicated dissertation blog and merged all of its content into this Thoughtport blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment