Monday, October 02, 2006

Get Stufeed

None of your plain stuffed olives for us in our house. No, only the ever-so classy ‘Stufeed’ variety is good enough for us. Or shouldn’t that be ‘StufĂ©ed’? I am never quite sure...

Whenever I encounter a mistake like this I always wonder about the story behind how it made it all the way through the design, artwork and print production processes and onto our dining room table. A sequence of errors need to occur and N number of people need to be asleep at the wheel for the product name to be misspelled on the label.

I would love to know when (not if) this typo was spotted. I imagine that once the jars are filled with produce it is too late to correct the labelling. The trade-off then becomes one of whether the effect on the overall brand of shipping the product with such a glaring misspelling on the jar will outweigh the financial loss of rewrapping the jars or abandoning the whole run. Obviously spelling lost out in this particular instance.

Postscript: If I was in any way superstitious I would have to worry as this post is just crying out for some form of karmic retribution. So keep your eyes peeled then for some oh-so-ironic glaring blog post typo in the coming weeks.

Delicious Tags: | |
Technorati Tags: | |

2 comments:

  1. In this case Karma saw you coming.

    'marketing consideations'

    I would say it's my turn now but I skewed the Karmic Typo Balance (KTB) massively in my favour earlier this year when I let a typo slip into the tagline of a national health promotion campaign... and NOBODY* noticed.

    *Well hardly anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erk. OK, sorted that one. The 'new' spell checker in Blogger Beta does not work in OS-X (does really weird things anyhow) and my Palm does not have a spellchecker. Guess I'll have to run my draft posts through Word or some other app now. Clunky workflow or what?

    ReplyDelete