Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steve


What a day. What a day. We all knew this day was coming. But now that it has we are still surprised. No, far more than surprised: shocked.

Steve relentlessly championed design. He cared about beauty in form, he championed simplicity and elegance in operation.

In my career, I have always used and loved his creations. Not only have they transformed the design industry, but they have repeatedly redefined the possibilities of what each of us could achieve as designers ourselves. 

In recent years the true scope of his ambition has been realised and (without overstatement) has reshaped society.

He wanted to leave “a dint in the universe” and is one of the few who have actually changed the world: my world, your world, all our worlds.

Thanks Steve.


POSTSCRIPT
These were the three best Steve Jobs obituary posts I read yesterday. I would like to share them with you.  John Gruber  |  Jason Calacanis  |  Horace Dediu

No comments:

Post a Comment